Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Subform link lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Programmer
May 23, 2002
IE
Hi,
I have a form (based on TableA) with two sub forms. Each sub form is on a different page of a tab control. Each subform is based on TableB.
So when the user types in something in the first sub-form, a record is created in TableB. Then when they switch to the second sub-form, they edit that newly-created record in TableB.
This works fine 90% of the time, however sometimes when the user switches to the second sub-form, the sub-form doesn't seem to be able to see/find the newly created record, and creates a new record. On saving, an error is given because of this.
Any ideas on what causes this?

Do you requery in the 'On Change' of the Tab Control?

No I don't. I can put it in easily enough and wait for it to happen again. This is the problem, you see, the error is spurious, but I'll try that and let you know how we get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back