Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL and Exchange on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTops

MIS
Sep 13, 2004
US
I have a SQL Server 2005 Express database that is being touched by Microsoft Access and VBA code written inside AutoCAD 2009. I am having trouble with this database becoming very sluggish and eventually freezing. It seems that when I log onto the server with an administrative account, the database starts functioning normally without taking any action. If I log on with a non-administrative account, I can't see the processes at work and therefore, cannot isolate the issue. This non-administrative logon does not solve the issue.

I don't use disconnected recordsets and auto-close is set to false. This behavior seems to suggest that when I (or anyone else) log on as an administrator, it "wakes up" something on the server or in the SQL service. This server is also running Exchange Server 2007.

When I log on as an administrator to the SQL Server using RDP from any machine and do nothing else, the performance of the SQL database improves vastly. I gave the user permission to RDP to the SQL Server with a non-administrative account and the performance is still sluggish. The user is not normally logged in to the SQL server directly. He uses AutoCAD on his local machine and the VBA code I wrote for the AutoCAD application accesses the SQL server to retrieve and write data. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
T-Tops

I meant for the subject of this post to be "SQL and Exchange on Windows Server 2003". This server has Service Pack 2. My apologies for the oversight.

Thanks,
T-Tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back