Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndieFilmDude

Technical User
May 6, 2002
GB
Does anyone know how to change the speed setting to, let's say for instance "50.5%" in Premiere 6? I distinctly remember being able to add the point (".") in the previous versions (5.1 etc), but for some reason in version 6, it doesn't even recognise the point when I press it on the keyboard. It is very annoying, as I need to apply specific speed settings. The point really made a big difference believe it or not!

Please help! It's rather urgent. All suggestions appreciated!
thanks
~Indie

To solve this problem you can either change the duration ( in the speed setings ) the get to the desirespeed.
The second way is to change the duration ( is the speed settings ) in the frame location press "OK" then go back again to the speed setting and change the speed to the desire speed after you got the "point".
For example if you got a video track that his duration is 00:15:00 and you to change his speed to 50.5%, go to the setting, change his duration to 00:15:05 and press "OK".
The second time you go to the speed setting the new duration wil be 00:15:05 and the speed will be 100.2%.
Then you can go to speed, mark the "100" and change it to "50", mark the "2" and change it to "5" ( don't touch the "point" ) and press "OK".

Wow, THANK YOU amitp! It worked!

I'm extremely grateful!

~Indie

I've noticed it too and I've found that this also works. Open notepad (or any text editor), type in the speed you want to use, copy it and past it into premiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back