Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Speed dial and alpha tagging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuanCarli

Technical User
Jul 30, 2007
IT
Hi to everyone, I'm a newby in Mitel systems and I have to do some programming on a 3300 MXe, I haven't found the maximum number of speed dials and alpha tagging directory numbers. Does anybody tell me the maximum number I can store on 3300?

Thank you

Luan

Isn't there a capacity section?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

What do you mean? I need to know the maximum number of speed dials and alpha tagging directory entries I can store on the 3300.

Luan

To rephrase loopylou's question

What are you trying to accomplish? You've asked a very specific question that is unusual. We need context. Your question is like my analogy of a coat hanger question

Husband asks wife for coat hanger
Wife asks why he needs one
Husband says I've locked the keys in the car
Wife says wouldn't it be easier if I gave to the keys?

We prefer to give you the keys, not the coat hanger

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

The maximum number of Speeddials is 1000 and can be increased to 3000. The amount of Alpha Tagging entry's is depending of the digits you want to match on plus the amount of free Digit Blocks.

Try looking under licences> dimension selection.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

But why???

The why question is so easy and simple, I need to put in the 3300 a lot of speed dials as the customer ask this, and also in the phonebook, so there can be an alpha tagging. As I'm a Ericsson AAstra, Panasonic and Nortel Avaya technician, I know exactly how many speed dials I can put on that machines is written in the data sheet. In the 3300 help I didn't find the limit, and so the question, that's all.

thank you

Luan

I have recently done some alpha tagging testing on a CX controller

I could get 2715 to import into a blank telephone directory.
(the import spreadsheet had 3000 )

Does anyone know how to modify the dimensions to specifically allow more ?

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I ask why because if the default value of 1000 speed calls is not enough then I suspect that 3000 after re-dimensioning will not be enough.

Re-dimensioning a system is not to be done without question. There are inherent risks.

Suffice it to say, I ask questions to better be able to assist you. When answers are provided that simply amount to "because the customer wants it" I fully admit my motivation to assist is reduced somewhat.

Good luck with your efforts.

Thank you, I've said ask not want, so my question was if there is a limit or not. Taht's all. I know perfectly what kind of load the CPU might have in an hard alpha tagging condition, with a lot of trunks and extensions, but in this case the number of trunks will not exceed 10 and the extensions not more than 100-150

Luan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back