Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Spa508G

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotelmotelpatel

Technical User
Sep 6, 2012
US
Have a mess of spa508g phones, password for phones lost, can't reset. If I connect to a phone that is not from that batch , i can put in the address and display the cfg xml file and move it to notepad. Thought was to see if I could then use that XML file to upload to the phones that have the lost password. Here is the part that is strange. The phones have DHCP set to on, I can see the IP address and gateway in the phones from the previous setup. I can not connect to that IP address, it will not even Ping. If I put it on wireshark, it shows the IP address of the phone which is the same as displayed in the phone. If I put it on a DHCP server, the server see's the phone and attempts to give it a IP address. But the original IP address is still locked in place. Not sure why there acting this way. I guess if there was a backdoor password to reset it from the phone, that would be the way to go. But I don't know of any. I have never seen a phone that would not ping from some type of setting. The phones network ports must be good if wireshark and the Dhcp server see them. Any idea's. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply, that did not work, but thank you for the suggestion. I believe that I cannot connect to the phones thru IP is that they changed the port from 80 to something else. Have not figured what that could be. A backdoor to reset the phone would be easiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back