Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

source for x2x?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbur

Technical User
May 29, 2005
US
Ihave use for a program called x2x used to couple X-windows based machines. I can find a package forCentOS 6 which gives me an executable, but I want the source to see how somee things are done. I have already searched and searched, and those links that not outrightly broken take me to things like 'File not found on thismachine' or 'No permission to seearch that directory' or something similar, but no source files. Anyone have any idea where I might find source for this? Anyone have the source and willing to copy it for me? Or make it available to me? Yes, I know there are more recent programs like Synergy, to do this, but I need something very lightweight and to-the-point. Sometimes the oldies are still the goodies ... [bigsmile]

GitHub is a good place to look for source. You can clone and download the latest files. Here's a link

Thanks for the reply!! This is one site I had not checked out, but it makes perfect sense. I will be checking it out shortly -- as in later today. As such x2x is a fine little program and I am certainly glad I discovered it. Thanks for the link. I will report later how it works for me.[smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back