Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sorting pictures by numeric input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostani

MIS
Jul 26, 2002
US
Can someone assist me in my search for a function or coding.

Here is the description,

I have several hundereds of pictures that are grouped in categories. I want to be able to put the pictures in a viewable order state say I think one picture should come up first and the other in order. Example pic1 =1 pic3 = 6
pic4 = 2 thus displaying pic1, pic4, pic6 and so forth. Now I know that I change the sort order when setting the recordset to sort by the field. The problem stemming is about how to get the grouped pictures to allow for a one page all number change. I know you can't hit the database to update all records so they must be done one at a time. I am not a pro at coding the routine therefore I am asking for some suggestions and examples.

Thanks guys!

you are going to have to explain exactly what you want to do.

What exactly do you mean by "a one page all number change" and if you want to update every record in a database at once it can be done quite simply.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
A website that proves the cobblers kids adage.
Nightclub counting systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Hello Chris,

This is what need to happen:

I want to be able to group a set of pictures that are in a category filter then display them on an update page. It will show the current sort order numbers at which point have the ability to change the sort order of each record then hit the button and update the choosen group by multi-inserts at one time.

Does this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back