Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SNMP Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

grabrail

Technical User
Aug 15, 2001
GB
Hi

I am using SIM and we also have an openview server.

I am trying to get SIM to forward recieved SNMP traps to open view. This we can do, but the trap in Openview is as though it has come from the SIM server instead of the originating server where the trap originally came form.

Is there anyway to change this in SIM so that the trap forwarded to Openview is from the originating server.

Thanks

Have you tried adding the second IP address in the SMNP service. I had two sim systems and both reported as long as the forward traps to block included both servers.

Capt

Sorry let me explain a little more

The SNMP traps are being forwarded from the clients server to SIM ok. Sim shows the information as expected.

However the event in sim is set to also forward and recieved traps to anothe server which is HP Openview.

When the trap gets to Openview it looks as though it has come from the SIM server instead of the originating server.

Cheers

Why not just send the traps directly to HPOV from the devices? If you really need SIM, have the alerting devices point to 2 trap destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back