Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snapshotting new printer drivers question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2001
AU
Rundown:
I am trying to install the lastest Lexmark printer drivers onto my networks WinNT4.0 SOE. I am selecting specific drivers and making specific changes to the setup to reflect my networks requirements. Obviously if I can create an MSI package to do all of this installation and configuration it will result in a minimal impact to my users. Otherwise it will be time consuming to write scripts and the like to do install. MSI is a lot nicer and cleaner interface for the non-technical user.

Question:
Has anyone tried doing a snapshot capture of isntalled printer drivers. I am having trouble getting Wise to capture all the changes to the registry. It seems to miss all the HKLM keys that are installed as part of the setup.

Any ideas?

AussieClint

If you want to capture harware settings with wise you have to select the option "...changes in hardware registry settings" before you capture the changes.

Haven't been back to it since I posted for first messge more urgent work keeps coming up, anyway I'll give that a go, couldn't see the for looking....
Thanks

Yep, that worked, what a dud. Works like a charm once you select the correct options.

Thanks for you help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back