Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Snap to grid???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goalie3533

Programmer
Apr 14, 2004
US
My crystal reports all contain a great deal of lines and boxes to separate all of the data.

One of the bigger nuissances I've encountered in Crystal is when I'm trying to line up all of these lines properly and even though everything appears to be lined up in crystal, when I actually view the report, there are usually several lines and boxes that are still not aligned properly.

So I was just wondering if there was any sort of option that I've overlooked that allows these lines and boxes to sort of "snap" themselves together whenever they're in close proximity of one another. I've seen other applications call this feature "snap to grid".

Does Crystal have anything like this?

Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35

Crystal has snap to grid, but it snaps objects to a gridline, not each other. I've not seen programs that snap to each other, they generally follow this rule.

Where you find this option, as with most software is dependent on your version, but you'll likely find it in File->Options->Layout->Grid Options

Also change the grid size to 0.011 (lowest setting) to allow for the most flexibility in design.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back