Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMTP Routing from a Relay Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstika

MIS
Jul 1, 2005
US
Currently I have an Exchange 2003 Server and I am running a single SMTP Virtual Server. This virtual server takes all SMTP Traffic and sends it to another machine running XWALL which filters both email leaving my Exchange Server going out to the Internet and it filters all email trying to get into my Exchange Server. We receive over 20,000 emails each day and only 1800 of them are legitimate.

I allow our different AS400 systems to relay to my SMTP Virtual Server and obviously, the Virtual Server does a DNS lookup even for my own internal users at mydomain1.com and mydomain2.com and sends it right out to my XWALL Filtering system.

My question is. How do I keep mydomain1.com and mydomain2.com email internal so the the virtual server doesn't send it outside only to come back inside? Do I set up an SMTP routing group or something to handle internal email relayed from my AS400?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

u may set up a smtp connector to allow only mudomain1 or 2.com to receive/send thru.

------------------------------------
Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

I have a W2K3 box running Exchange 2K3 on our LAN inside our firewall.

I have a W2K box with IIS and SMTP set up in our DMZ. The SMTP is configured so that the Exchange2K3 box is the "Smart Host"

How can I set up my Exchange box to allow email to be received from the IIS box in the DMZ to internal users and relayed to outside users?

Since there is the risk of getting the IIS box hacked...are there any steps that I can use to minimize my Exchange box from being used as a SPAM relay?

Inside we're Windows2K3 domain...DMZ nothing

THanks! cdm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back