Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpafc

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
GB
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is possible but I cant think of a better place to ask than Tek-Tips :)

We recently installed a telephone system into a resort of timeshare apartments and one of the stipulations was that it had to integrate with the existing front of house software. Upon speaking with the software house we found out that the software used an interface that was in relation to the LG GDK (our system is an LG eMG80 so is a newer derivative and we hoped would be a breeze to workaround). The software house are unable to work with our output as they say it is missing information - we are unable to replicate this output via our system settings and we are exploring alternatives.

The 1st 3 or 4 columns are an exact match and at the end of the day these are all the software should need to bill calls (extension, CLI, time etc)

What I am trying to find out is:

Can we spit our SMDR to a bat file or something that can then append each line with the missing information and output it again to telnet?

Any help suggestions greatly received :)

Right now I have an LDK-20 system with a serial cable running back to a laptop running a light-weight Linux distro and using GDKTerm (I think). It does however mean that I can have it record entries as they happen in to a text file. If you can work out a script to run what you need from there on, I don't see why it is not possible.

Here is a screenshot of the log I have as a text file
log_n0nnsz.png

Good luck!

2311angel - I too can capture the data via serial/telnet to a text file, its the next bit I really need the help with (the script you talk of). Many thanks, if you find any or hear of any let me know :)

Thermus - Its called Alacer, relatively helpful guys but unable to create anything for 18 months....unhelpful :-(

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back