Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow pick tickets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrav

Technical User
Jun 12, 2001
US
I have one workstation that is slow to print pick tickets even though any other Macola printing goes quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas? I am at a loss because no one else is having the issue.

Celeste

Sorry - Forgot to mention that we are on Progression 7.6.3c and SQL. We have print immediate pick tickets turned on but the delay shows up in the immediate pick tickets and printing from the menu.

When you say slow, what does that mean. The window is slow coming up to ask you to print, the printer is actually printing it slower than other documents. Dot Matrix or Laser. Doe it still happen going from that workstation to another printer?

You could try reinstalling the print driver on the workstation and/or also initializing the printer defaults file.

Kevin Scheeler

It looks like the processing of the pick ticket is slow. The macola window that pops up to let you know it is printing blanks out and then eventually comes back online and indicates that it is printing. Almost as if there is a lot of processing on the server or network traffic - except no one else is experiencing any issues - and this person is only experiencing slowness when printing pick tickets. All other printing to that pinter or other printers is fine on that machine.

Check the DNS settings for this particular machine.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!"

Ask a great question, get a great answer. Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.
Find out how to get great answers FAQ219-2884.

I had this at a customer once. Rebuild the oeordlin, oeordhdr and oelincmt tables.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
" - unknown

I work with Ultrav. While Ultrav was out on leave, I stumbled upon a setting in Symantec Antivirus that was different on this new computer compared to the others in the company. Once this setting was changed, the printing tickets printed at the speed it should.

The solution is:

Symantec Antivirus Corporate edition version 9 has a setting that has slowed down Macola in the past. In this instance, the new computer did not have the correct setting under the File System Auto-Protect | Advanced configuration page. On that page (Auto-Protect Advanced Options), under "Scan files when" the radio button for Modified (scan on create) should be marked and not the Accessed or modified (scan on create, open, move, copy, or run) radio button. After this was done, I rebooted the computer and had the user try again once the computer came back up. The print tickets then printed at the speed they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back