Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Trunk Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 5, 2012
US
Just wondering what are folks using today that works well with IP Office. I have a small church that want to move from analog lines(4) to SIP trunking. Would like to go with a per minute provider since they do not use many minutes, pretty simple setup. Not looking for necessarily the cheapest but would rather have better reliability and support, there are a bunch out there but was hoping to get some feedback on which providers are still providing good service that have good support response etc.

Thanks

Skyetel was one of the ones on our list, but was just trying to see who other folks were using and how good the reliability and support was...

derfloh said:
I would say that IPO is one PBX that is comparable to almost all providers as you can adjust the sip trunk Settings very granular.

Understand, I was just trying to see who folks were using provider wise that were providing reliable service and responsive support, etc...

he is in the US

I use les.net since 2007 and so far have no issues.
They provide US and Canada numbers as well as toll free.

You can also go to Voip.ms which I have also used in the past

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

In Canada we use GoCo and ThinkTel, occasionally Shaw.

We've got one customer that needed both US and Can numbers and they went with FlowRoute.

I've done Voip.ms as proof of concept (had a customer thinking about using them and I wanted to verify before recommending them) and that worked fine. I actually use Voip.ms as my wife wouldn't let me get rid of our home number - I ported it over and use some really old scavenged Cisco handsets. And no, it never rings.

- Qz

Yeah sorry, I am located in the US, I was originally looking at flowroute but started seeing that support had gone downhill since they have been sold etc...voip.ms from what I have read is a mixed bag. For me it's not about the lowest cost, its more about support and reliability, if I do have issues can I get someone in support etc..I've read with Telnyx they were shutting folks off for all kinds of reasons etc...right now I have been looking at badwidth.com (oops looks like the require 10K per month spend), skyetel (although they were just bought out), voip.ms, telnyx, flowroute, twilio, voxo , bulk.vs and probably a couple other ones...I just need to decide and do something, we have 4 ananlog lines and spend over $200/month on them and probably make 500minutes worth of phone calls per month, lol.

my les.net account was my "play around" account that I gave myself for Christmas 2007 and still have it. You can get a SIP trunk with 4 channels and pay by the minute for its use (incoming and outgoing) but it is pre-paid so you have to put money on before you can make phone calls.
You can program the settings online and create several peers so that you actually have the same account with 1 number and still use more than 1 location to make outgoing calls. Just incoming is of course terminating only on one of the peers that you can pick from a dropdown.
for less than $10 you get your 4 channels and 500 min of use but please compare to others as well to find your ideal solution.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back