Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris8852

Programmer
Jan 15, 2003
GB
Whenever I post in here I don't seem to get any (meaningful) replies. So I'd like to know if this is a beginner's forum or an intermediate/expert forum?
I'm no expert, but if no one here can help me I might as well be.

Any forum is only as good as the people who are participating at the time.

The people who ask questions should ask sensible ones that are thought out and provide all the relevant information including a descriptive question title.

The people who provide answers should do so to the best of their knowledge. I see it as providing guidance of where to look or how to go about something, not just simply giving the answer to the test.

For me personnaly, this forum is not my first port of call if I have a problem. I use the help files, text books or other books I have accumulated plus there are plenty of other online sites that provide FAQs and whitepapers etc for C++ Builder.

That's my two cents worth. Cheers.

Dunno, man - maybe it's the tone of your posts?
I always get plenty help.

Common sense is what tells you the world is flat.

I try first to point to the relevant help files.
then I might point you to some other source.
last if I cant get the point across I might give some generic code. the point is that most times the questions
are so generic that we can only give generic answers.
unless we get involved in the developement of your software we dont know the details that may be missing from your request. I have posted once or twice myself and have gotten few replies. This does not keep me from participating. I have found that I have some little to offer in the form of responding and sharing my experience.
I have found that participating in this way helps me learn.

you can feed a man for a day, or you can teach him to feed himself for life.

if you will notice the response to most questions is over
several days. There are many responses and many clarifications given . These result in a dialog that has the end result of hopefully answering the initial question. Perhaps you have given up too soon.

tomcruz.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back