Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutdown Error - OLEChannelWnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebatman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2001
US
When I go to restart our NT Server, I get an error about a task that only says OLEChannelWnd - Anyone know what this is about and how I can correct it?

Eric

Hmmm...

I'm having the exact same problem on one of our servers, and didn't solve it yet.

I will give you some more info about its configuration so if you find the reason please tell me:

In addition to the shutdown problem, on the same server I have problem with Internet Explorer - if I go to "Internet Options" and press OK, then IE hangs and can only be clossed with Task Manager - End Task.

Windows NT 4 server Hebrew Enabled.
Service Pack 6a (the problem was with SP4 also)
IIS 4 (the problem was with IIS 3 also)
Internet Exploere 5.01 (the problem was with IE5.0 also)
Microsoft Exchange 5.5 SP4 (the problem was also with previous SP)
Microsoft Outlook 97 installed on the server (I didn't install it because I know its not recommended, but someone else did...)
ArcServer 6.6 with Exchange agent.
Norton Anti Virus Corporate Edition 7.5 with NAVMSE 2.1
(the problem was before installing NAV).

Hardware:
- Intel server board and chasis
(don't remember exact model), One intel P3 CPU, 786mb ram,
3 hot swap scsi disks, onboard intel NIC.
(it is probably not related to hardware but this is what I remember anyway)

The server has also another minor problem - some items missing in Start - Programs - Administrative Tools.

However the server is working fine in other aspects, and I did not have the time nor will to re-install it just because of the minor problems.

Please write here if you find a solution, or if you think what is common between our servers and relevant to the problem.

My guess is that it is something related to Internet Explorer setup.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

I am getting this error at logoff on several nt4 sp6 machines in my WAN it all started about the same time with no new instalations happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back