Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show config

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelandakh

MIS
Mar 12, 1999
GB
I've upgraded my Definity by changing companies from an old G3VSi (v4) to something much nicer, a G3xV13.

Trouble is, I have been asked if I've got an Avaya Communications Server, a Voice Priority Processor and a Netlink150 telephone gateway.

In the system config, I can see the cards within each of the cabinets (multi site, auto failover etc) but not sure what I'm looking for with that request.

If anyone could help, I'd be grateful.

If nothing else someone more knowledgeable can come in and correct me but I believe "Communcations Servers" are the S series servers as opposed to the older Definity hardware. I have an S8300.
Code:
                              SYSTEM CONFIGURATION

Board                                                     Assigned Ports
Number   Board Type              Code     Vintage    u=unassigned t=tti p=psa

001V1    ICC MM                   S8300B  HW04 FW001

I could be completely wrong of course.

Jeff
[small][purple]It's never too early to begin preparing for [/purple]International Talk Like a Pirate Day
"The software I buy sucks, The software I write sucks. It's time to give up and have a beer..." - Me[/small]

Yes, Jeff you have an s8300 and your output is from CM SAT
session "list configuration control"

However, this is not a good command for all S series servers for determining the server type.

A better way would be to login to linux bash and run a
swversion command. This will show both hardware platform and CM software version + current patches for the server you login to.

As for Voice Priority Processor and a Netlink150 telephone gateway question, that is not part of the Communication Manager hardwere.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

The VPP is required for the Spectra Link wireless phones and the netlink 150 is a Spetralink router. One way to check on the VPP is to pull a "List Station" command to see if any wireless devices are programmed.

If you do have a VPP or Netlink, and the Spectralink/Polycom wireless phones, you may look into changing them for the 3631 wireless phones which don't require the additional hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back