Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2003
US
We are currently running Notes 6.5.2 and I have a group of users who want to share folders! Can any one point me in the right direction of some decent documetation on how to create a shared folder on a client.

Thanks in advance,
mitchellmj

Sharing a specific folder between users is not possible. What is possible is giving access to the mail file. Each user should allow delegation access to the other users concerned by the sharing issue.
The issue with that is that delegation gives access to all mail in the database - not just the mail in a folder.

If only certain messages are to be shared (the ones in the folder that they want to share), then I would suggest creating a mail storage db and allowing users to copy/paste from their mail to that storage file. By giving access to those users who want the share, you will have created the functionality they want.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back