Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shared Documents Disappeared, Missing whole folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mldmld

Technical User
Jul 22, 2003
US
I have a folder that is shared on a small home network, which is/was on the "server". I am running xp pro on the server over a router. The other day the Shared folder disappered, and is no longer there.

Here are the Application Log Errors:

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

Windows has backed up this user's profile. Windows will automatically try to use the backed up profile the next time this user logs on.

Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. for C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\ntuser.dat

I have even run Stellar Undelete and NTFS Recover, because I purchased them a while ago.

Any suggestions on getting any of the files back!!

Anything would help. Thanks

Have you tried System Restore to go back a few days and see if it fixes your problem, or part of it, when it loads an older registry?

Do you have any recent backups?

Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"

"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error message when you try to log on to Windows XP

811151 - How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

Tried System Restore, didn't work.

I backup, but not every day, so I'm missing files from a couple of days ago.

Any other help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back