Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Email server

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilcic

MIS
May 31, 2010
US
Hello all!

I have a problem, I'm sure that is just noob related.

We have a firebox x550e with firmware v9.0. Our config is pretty basic - basically its just a firewall with 25 users behind it and have 5 VPN users that get in remotely. Its been running for years with no issues.

I got a request to allow users to access the email server through their cell phones. Presently when someone wants to connect to mail - they VPN in first. Obviously, that isn't possible or practical with a cell phone. I figured this would be a straightforward process of forwarding the traffic for imap and smtp to the server and thats it.

My attemps have only locked up the server and made it impossible to get to. I followed the instructions below and I can't understand how to forward traffic to that machine.

Can anyone give me a quick detail on how to forward external traffic to an internal IP?

I was following:

I should note the email server has several functions and can't be put on the optional port.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!!!!

What type of email server are you running ?

Firstly I would recommend you upgrade to the latest version of Fireware (10.2.12 from memory).

The ports(s) that you will have to forward will depend on the type of mobile devices you are dealing with. For example with Windows Mobile it will be HTTPS.

This link will be a good starting place

Then search for 1-to-1 NAT

Hope that helps

I got it all staraight. Thanks for the help. 1to1 Nat was the trick, but my ISP blocked port 25. It caused much confusion.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back