Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service command failed. Cause (Error code -2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemiy

Systems Engineer
Jul 22, 2022
UA
Hello everyone,

Please, help me to investigate and fix the issue "Service command failed. Cause (Error code -2)". Thanks in advance!
After changing IP for PBX, and splitting VoIP & data traffic to separate VLANs. Periodically facing the issue with telephony. After some of period time, I can't connect to PBX via IP Office Manager. Got an error mentioned above. The PBX device is pingable at this moment. IP phones get new IPs from the new VLAN IP scope and work well sometime (2-3 hours).

On the IP desk phones, there is a power supply and the screen shows a “Dial” string.
When I pick up the headset, there is no “free for call“ signal and if I dial any external or internal number nothing is happen.

Screenshot_2022-07-25_102726_xkgxqq.png

What do the Alarms on SYstem Status SSA say.
There may be 2 ip servers working ,one could be bleeding over on to the other.

See what address the ip phones pick up when it happens

Is the ipo set up as DHCP server .
IPO should also be a Static Address .

Check with your network IT people

snowman50, sorry for the delay with the answer.

We are using IP 412 with a separate DHCP server in the network. I have seated up these settings on the DHCP server for IP phones:

Code:
option option-176 "MCIPADD=192.168.35.3,MCPORT=1719,L2Q=1,L2QVLAN=15,TFTPSRVR=10.35.80.39";
option option-242 "MCIPADD=192.168.35.3,MCPORT=1719,L2Q=1,L2QVLAN=15";

SSA - doesn't work (some issues with the software or java);
IP phones don't request any IPs when it's happening (I see that in Wireshark);
IPO - Do you mean IP Office manager PC\server machine or PBX? (They both have static IPs).

Hey guys, could someone help with this issue?

I'm not familiar with this specific problem, but a quick search got me to this thread where the problem was solved. It was related to security settings, which sounds relevant after the types of changes that you made.

Tim Alberstein

@dagwoodsystems, thanks for the link. I'm not able to reset security settings. IPO is not active in a window when I try to "Erase Security Settings (Default)" I Added a screenshot to this post.
Screenshot_2022-08-15_153317_zzhulr.png

@derfloh Check box is not active. I can't hit him.

Is it greyed out? Because if that's the case, you may have a copy of Manager that's older than the software running in the box. If that's true, then downloading a more recent version would be the easy fix.

Tim Alberstein

an IP412 with 3.2 firmware
it is more likely that your manager is too new
but yes getting the correct admin suite for this release should be a first step.
if you cant find it I would try for something earlier than 9.0 as that is when they dropped support for earlier systems
- V5.0 is probably the best bet

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

@dagwoodsystems yes, it's greyed out.

@IPGuru I've downloaded and installed IPO 5.2 this Manager even doesn't have an "Erase Security Settings (Default)" option in the menu.

Screenshot_2022-08-17_142518_pkswhr.png

3.2 was a long time ago but maybe you have to erase the security settings via serial port.
Security settings in 3.2 were still very basic compared to now

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

? Did you try just connecting with the 5.2 Manager, might not get the "Service command failed. Cause (Error code -2)" message anymore.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@Westi here is output from the terminal after connection via serial port:

Code:
3661755836 ms, Hello>help
EDIT          - Edit Byte memory
EDITW         - Edit Word memory
EDITL         - Edit Long memory
POKEW         - POKE Word into memory
TIME          - The time
LED1s         - 1 second LED flash
MEM           - Show memory summary
ABORT         - Jump to boot sector to reboot
ABORTW        - Use watchdog to reboot
DVP           - DVP debug commands
UPGRADE       - Upgrade main software
NEWLOADER     - Upgrade loader software

I don't see any related commands to security settings.

@sizbut nope this error still appears after 3 or 4 hours. Fixed only after reboot.

If I remember that version you may have needed to repeatedly hit esc to get to the ability to reset the security. But I could be wrong. That was 17 years ago.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back