Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server doesn't see new interface card!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darshadow

Technical User
Dec 14, 2010
CH
Hi everybody,

I've installed an "Intel Gigabit ET Dual Port server adpater" card into a SUN Server X2270. This Intel Card is iSCSI compatible and should run iSCSI remote boot ...

When I boot the system, I doesn't see this card in BIOS and I couldn't do a "<ctrl-D>" to configure it?

I read some CD instructions from Intel that I should update the system BIOS, but I don't know how to do that! And really I don't known if is really the problem!

Could someone help me to find a solution? I don't known any more what to do?

Best regards,
D.

When you boot the system are you doing a 'reconfigure' boot, ie boot -r? That should look for new hardware. Alternatively, try touch reconfigure in the / directory and shiutdown -6 -g0 -y to reboot. Post back with any (or no) results.

Just a tip - you might find you get more traffic reading your thread if you placed it in forum60 .

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

The server is still new and it has no OS installed! I'll install this card to remote boot with iSCSI on a Disc Subsystems Storage.

Thanks for your tips, but how to move my threads?

You could try red-flagging it (middle option below) and in the comments, ask a moderator to move it (if that's possible, I've never seen it done here). If it can't be moved, post it anew in the Solaris forum, I'm sure no-one would mind in this instance.

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Thanks KenCunningham, Create a new one is simplest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back