Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating grouped records

Status
Not open for further replies.

im4osu

MIS
Apr 14, 2003
US
I have a report that is made up of multiple patient records totaling about 1500 pages. I am printing the report to our networked copier and would like to be able to staple the individual patient records. Does anyone know if there is a way to have Crystal Reports recoginize a command that would tell the copier(printer) to staple ater that particular page?

No..I think you will have to manually staple them

Jim Broadbent

That is what I was thinking! Thanks for your input.

Crystal doesn't provide this functionlity, but have a look at Ken Hamady's web site for a list of various Crystal Reports utilities:

A couple of weeks ago, I've added Print Bursting functionality to my Visual CUT software to handle an almost identical need (they had to staple student grade reports at a school district).
e-mail me if you want to evaluate this software.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Wow. That looks like it will do excactly what I want it to do. Did you look into the Crystal Reports Distributor at all? I would definately like to try both packages to see which one works best for me. Can I demo the package through you or do I need to contact Millet Software directly?

Louis XIV once said: "l'Etat, c'est moi" :eek:)

Just e-mail me (ixm7@psu.edu) a short note.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back