Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject to Send Outlook Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikin9

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
US
I want to send an automatic eMail notice based on a value entered in a form. I'm using the SendObject method to send the message and everything works fine as long as Outlook is open.

If Outlook is closed, the event opens Outlook (good), but stops at the Outlook Choose Profile box which requires an "Enter" to proceed. If you simply press "Enter," the message sends and Outlook closes again (good). If you cancel, the message is canceled. These are shared PCs, but it doesn't matter to me which profile is chosen, as long as the message gets sent. How can I automatically pass the Choose Profile box so the message can't be cancelled?

I've tried various SendKey {Enter} approaches but the code stops until you manually press "Enter" on the keyboard. I've also tried to appActivate Outlook, but that's redundant. I can't find a way to programatically get past the Choose Profile box.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back