Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending HTML Balance Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptyFrankie

Technical User
May 29, 2003
PA
Hi !
Im new to all this html things, practically I know nothing about it. Im trying to send some balance accounts to the members of a small group i have. Im trying to do it as html. So each member should just receive the information corresponding to him. Additionally, the hmtl page should have some announcements banners from the activities we regularly have. Because of this, I know that I should have the html template on a webserver, and send the link via email. But what I don't know how to do is that the template recognize the member and only shows the corresponding information for that member.

Can someone help me with this ?

Best Regards,
Frank

You'll have to have some sort of database that holds the account info. To access their accounts, your members should, ideally, have to provide at least a password. From there, you'll need to authenticate the password (probably a CGI script). If all is well, then you'll have to pass the data to a template or script to create the web page for the user.

Rather complicated and a lot depends on your web host (whether or not you can place CGI scripts and if they even support them.) Also depends on your level of scripting/programming experience. This is one you may want to farm out.

There's always a better way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back