Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selectively close open files

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRMcM

Technical User
Dec 7, 2002
US
Is there a way to close open files selectively, that is without closing all open files or closing them one at a time? If 10 users have open files in a several directories can I close all the file in one directory without closing them one at a time and leave the open files in the other directories untouched?
Thanks in advance for any help

Did you find an answer to this? I'm looking for how to determine who has a file open and might be interested in how to selectively close those files.

Right click 'My Computer'/Manage/Shared Folders/Open Files then choose which file to close.

I want to be able to close multiple files at once.

how about the "net file" command? gives you all open files in a command prompt ... you can also use the /close switch to close a file ... if you want to close more files at once you could use some "for" logic ... (try for /? to get started) if needed I can provide some examples but I will need to know what you want to do ...

Geert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back