Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Security for Remote tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Int15

MIS
Jun 28, 2000
US
Help~.<br><br>I have a guestion about remote tools.<br>I created an account on my testing site that allows computer support team to troubleshoot PCs using Remote Tools.<br><br>But, every time I excute the remote tool with the account, I got somehting like &quot;Security to use Remote Tools has been denied on this client&quot;.<br><br>I have no clue on this.<br>Because the account that I assigned has&nbsp;&nbsp;local admin. and logon as a service rights.<br><br>In remote client tools' security tab, I assigned the name of the account, and also did some work on the class and instance.<br><br>Did I miss something here?<br><br>Thanks.<br><br>P.S. With my admin. account, it works great,&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;but..&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>

Hew..<br><br>I got it working...<br>After checking smsprov.log file, I found the line saying ' the account is unknown to SMS security ' even though I assigned the same domain name and user name in right syntax.<br><br>I think this is&nbsp;&nbsp;because of the way SMS database installed.-SQL 7<br>I believe it was installed as Dictionary order 'case-sentive', so SMS database couldn't match the account with the one I created&nbsp;&nbsp;in all lower-case.-Domain Name....<br><br>Anyway, please, correct me if I'm wrong..<br><br>Thanks.<br>I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back