Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Search for BFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryker

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2013
US
Need help with how to find all TN's that have BFS set a specific TN. Also can it be done from Element Manager?

Thanks.

Sorry but I am only familiar of options within Element Manager and there doesn't appear to a LD 81 under Maintenance.

What I need to do is swap a phone type on a line. Element Manager is kicking back errors when I attempt to out the line because BFS is set to multiple other TN's in the building. I have an idea what those TN's are but I want to confirm before proceeding without having to check each possible TN.

Is it possible to NULL the BFS on all TN’s or must it be done individually?

Even better is there a phone type swap function that I am not aware of?

Sorry but I am very new to this.

You will have to null those keys prior to swapping the sets, just the way it is. Been like that for ever on the Nortel switch. The BFS keys can be a nightmare and thus most of us try and stay away from using them if at all possible.

Do you have a suggestion that is easier to manage?

Not really, the BFS keys do what they are designed to do but when you run into a scenario like you have then all you can do is remove the keys. Or for a technician it is easier to go move the cross connects then mess with swapping the phones in software.

I might go that route. So your saying just pull the cross connect, out the TN, rebuild it, redo the cross connect and all good?

No, what I'm saying is if you have 2 people swapping locations it's easier to just go move the cross connect or patch cord instead of trying to move them in software. But I'm old school and set in my ways. If you are changing phone type then you will need to remove all the BFS appearances before proceeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back