Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Pops and Database Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear762

Programmer
Mar 28, 2005
US
I have not done this in year. I have someone requesting database speed dialing and screen pops on thier computer from their phone calls. If I remember correctly, Passageway was what to use. Is that still the best way, and how does it interface?

Thanks guys.

As far as I know - Passageway software is still the way to accomplish the above. The interface is from an MLX-20L, MLX-28D or MLX-DP telephone "adjunct" port to the serial port of a computer using a special cable that comes with the software. A copy of the software has to be loaded on each computer-telephone connection.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

You know who to contact directly on this I think.......

Now that really hurts....

Should I send you the PASSAGEWAY MOUSE PAD or Baseball Cap that I got in VEGAS for being the Show Dummy?????

The sad sad sad part of the story was that the software quit working when XP came out.

I was using PASSAGEWAY macros to program MERLIN MESSAGING and MERLIN MAIL like a CHAMP, and then I "UP/down/GRADED to XP and now I can no longer push a button on my PC to enter "MARY" or "JOHN" or "MICHAEL" by touch tones into the mail system I have dialed into......

Progress, I guess.......

But, don't get this old phone man started....

You old phone guys have been the utmost of importance and deserve many props. I just hate having to contact them for such a simple application. I can program and design multi-node legend networks with PRI's in my sleep, but to HAVE TO go to the be corp for such a little thing...what can I say...I'm a guy. I am married so I don't have much pride, but I still like keeping a little.

that's when you need to have the dual boot system setup. Or, you may need to set the program in XP to run in Win98 compatible mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back