Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCREEN MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOGD

Technical User
Jun 18, 2003
GB
I bought a new Digital Camera and when I plug it into the USB Port (with the Camera Switched off) a message appears on the scree: USB DSC.

Does anybody know what this means.

The USB Ports have been tested with a USB Mouse

What windows are you using and is that the compleat message?
I take it thet you have a Sony DSC digital camera. the message could meen that windos is seeing the camers.

John

That's your computer aknowledging that you have a new device hooked up. DSC is usually the Sony format, so I assume it's a SONY camera. Anyway, if it doesn't ask for any drivers, then you should be good to go. Go into "MY COMPUTER" and it should show a new drive labeled "Memory Stick" or somethinf like that. Click on that and you see your pictures. In XP, the wizard will come up and ask you what you want to do (i;e copy to hard drive etc.)

The people above have explained it correctly. In your Windows Explorer (My Computer), it will most likely show as removable disk. That's how it shows in Win2k at least. Haven't seen how Win9x labels it.

---------------------------------------
Bob Beck
IS Administrator

In my limited experience, 80-90% of all problems brought to my attention can be attributed to PEBCAK...the other 10-20% can be attributed to MS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back