Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCO Unix Printer Setup Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKERSHNER

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
US
I am trying to set up a printer through SCOAdmin - HP Network Printer Manager. I am adding spooler destination - lp20, network peripheral name -lp2999, model script - network, spooler class - blank, default printer - no. It gives me errors when it tries to create it - UX:accept:ERROR:Destination "lp20" is unknown to the LP print service
UX:enable:ERROR:Destination "lp20" is unknown to the LP print service
Then it says that it's being added to the spooler.

I have gone back in and checked the connectivity - it appears to be fine but when I try to verify the network printer operation, it gives the following error:
Printer access test failed add spacectr.UUCP.com to the printer's access list bfore continuing.

HELP! I'm not sure what to do at this point.

What does the entry on the /etc/hosts file for the printer look like?

Are you using LPD or HPPC as the protocol? (I prefer LPD myself)

What does the /etc/printcap entry look like?

Can you ping the printserver for the printer by name? Can you telnet or ftp to the printserver and check the settings?

Is this printer connected via an ethernet card in the printer, or tied to an HP JetDirect box, PC, terminal server, or just on LPT1 of a PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back