Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCN problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgates

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
GB
I have a problem with 3 SOEs linking via Draytek adsl routers (All sites have 1 Meg broadband and Drayteks are supplying VPN.)
when the network is set up initially the SOEs "self learn" users etc, and function as they should.
however after a period of a few hours they no longer "see" each other and rebooting does not re establish the SCN functions. we can dial each site using short codes .I have checked all three configs for duplication of names etc and all appears fine.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to solve this?

Check yor VPN. I'm not familiar with the DrayTeks, but some VPNs are set to a dynamic mode instead of always-on. The IPOs constantly transmit messages to let the others know where they are. These messages through are not enough to keep a dynamic VPN up. Also check that the firewall is wide open (especially for TFTP and other IPO ports).

Did you ever resolove this.... I am having the same problem... it works... then it doesnt!

My distributor does not know what is going wrong either???

I would guess its something to do with keep alive settings on the vpn router or like IPOdan says the dynamic dns stuff for the vpn tunnels.

If you are using dynamic dns for the vpn's I'd suggest getting that changed to static ip addresses.

If you don't have keep alive available on the vpn then have a pc ping accross the vpn's to keep them up.

Another trick I have used with Avaya IP Office and Draytek VPN's is to make sure that the VPN is both ways on both Drayteks and not set to master on one and slave on the other.

You may also want to upgrade the firmware on each.

Let me know if you have further problems

My prob was much simpler,we went through customers network and found the router was on the end of two hubs!!! changed to a 24 port switch SCN is up and running since.

Tried all of these!!

There is somthing very basic I am missing....

anyone got any good docs on setting up SCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back