Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scanner Driver not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom62

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
DE
I've got a tricky problem that drives me nuts. I've connected a Canon 8000F scanner on my iMac (intel processor, Snow Leopard) and found some drivers for it on the internet. After installing the drivers, the scanner still doesn't show up in the System Profiler, but my scanner software (VueScan) found the scanner and the drivers. So, basically my iMac doesn't recognize the scanner, but VueScan does.

So far so good. The scanner works for my user account, but when I tried to make it work for my wife's account, it doesn't. VueScan tells me that it found the scanner, but not the drivers. For info, I have admin rights, she has standard user rights. When I installed the drivers, I made sure that they where installed for all users. In the System Preferences, Scanner Sharing is activated.

I just wonder what I could have overlooked and hope that someone here could help me to resolve the problem. I already Googled around for many days, but without any luck.

OK, I found the solution myself. The drivers that Canon provided are for OS-9. To make them work with Snow Leopard, I had to open VueScan with Rosetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back