Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SBT Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

al929

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
US
I am using SBT with Foxpro and a Windows NT OS. For the past few days my invoice number has been skipping. I has been a random number jump. Why is this happening and how do I prevent this from happening in the future.
Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.
ALAN

Same thing is happening to me but I am using win xp. Did you have solution to the problem ? If so, did you resolve it.
Please let me know. Thank you.

this post is old, but if anyone is interested, we were having a similar problem when printing checks. Our check numbers would start printing in a bad order. Turns out it was either one of two issues. The indexes were messed up and a reindex fixed it. We have also changed the printer spooling feauture to allow it to completely spool before printing. this seemed to fix the problem in test mode.

Is This Vision Point or PRO. If the issue is what I think it deals with how things are printed. Checks and invoices are printed as a series of jobs. So if you printer defaults are set wrong it tends to place the last couple of items in the middle of the run if it is long. The XP default tends to be wrong.

I think I did a right up on of it on my website awhile back but it's probably already archived.

Bill Couture

Using SBT 6.0 in XP client enviroment and 2000 Server, to print checks in numeric order we had to set "print directly to printer" not remove print to the spooler to resolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back