Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running BDE app from CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerte

Programmer
Nov 9, 2001
GB
Many years ago I did see how to do this, but never took any notice - and now I need it - typical!

The company produces a monthly data catalogue CD which acts as an install CD and a data CD. Basically the first time it is run it installs the BDE and EXE etc on the hard disk, and then uses the CD as a read-only data store (Paradox data files). It was written using Delphi 4, has never caused any problems and has been updated monthly since late 2001.

Now we need to change it so that it doesn't need an install - just run everything from the CD.

Don't want to spend a long time converting to ADO or similar. so can anyone advise how to do this. or point me to a suitable on-line explanation (have tried a Google search but not come up with anything).

Many thanks

Roger

First problem. Simply put, Borland Paradox tables will not be accessable under any version of MS-Win unless BDE drivers are installed. (Yes, that's a period at the end)

Now, where would you like to go from here?

Roo
Delphi Rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back