Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run Time Error 429

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginaldMeyer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2003
US
I have had to reinstall the OS Win NT 4.0 Terminal server after the server crashed.

In re-installed an old application and when I went to run itI recieved an error:

"Run time error 429 Active X component can't create object"

The program ran fine before the server crashed. Does anyone know why I would be getting this error when I run the application?

I am trying to find the right places to look.

Thanks

When a user runs Coefficient, browses information on a database or starts a database trace, they may receive the following error:

"'429'; ActiveX component can't create object.'"

Cause

This is normally caused by the Microsoft Scripting Runtime file not properly registering on the client.

Resolution 1

1.Open a Command Prompt (Start Menu --> Run --> COMMAND) and press ENTER

2.Change directory to the WINDOWS\SYSTEM: For NT/2000/XP systems, this is normally the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32. For 95/98/Me systems, this is normally the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.

3.Type the following command: REGSVR32 SCRRUN.DLL - and then press ENTER

4.You should see a successful confirmation message. If not, make sure you typed the command correctly and are located in the correct directory.

5.Re-run Coefficient and see if you still get the error

Resolution 2

1.Download the current Microsoft Scripting Runtime from the Microsoft site (as of this writing, 5.6 was the latest version)

2.Click here to go to the Microsoft Scripting site and download and install the latest version for your operating system and language.
3.Download and install the latest version

4.Re-run Coefficient and see if you still get the error

Hope this helps Aslam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back