Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSD Failing Install?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xeroized

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2010
US
I am trying to install RSD on my subnets, and am having some wierd issues. First off, when I do install a new RSD, it doesn't seem like anything happens. Trying the same task on the same computer however returns the error:

Rogue Sensor install deployment task failed (unable to add Rogue Sensor Install deployment task to node [Computer Name] because [Computer Name] already contains a Rogue Sensor Install deployment task)

So I know that the install task is at least reporting that it's que'd. I wake up the agent that is supposed to install the RSD, wait for a bit, restart the system, check the installed products, and RSD is not there. I go onto that computer and check for the RSD folder, and it is not there.

Now, the only way I get the install to work is to uninstall the extension from the ePO server, and reinstall it. Then the old deployment tasks I pushed out before the uninstall work, and the RSD's come online.

Anyone have any ideas about that?

Here is my working environment:

My Server is Windows 2003, SP2
SQL 2005
The nodes are all Windows Vista, fully patched.

If you need any more information, please let me know. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back