Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RMO base knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

veroL

Programmer
Jan 10, 2003
FR
Hello,
I have just installed the RMO option on my unicenter TNG station and have a few questions about this option that i have never used.
The first question is: do i imperatively need to install a RMO probe to collect the network information or can the RMO manager work without it?
The second question is: how can i see which ressources the RMO manager has discovered? Because for the moment, it seems that RMO only sees my TNG station and nothing else (whereas there are other machines in the network where TNG agents are installed).
Any answer would be welcome. Thank you in advance.
Véronique

Hi,

In answer to your first question, RMO can work without the probe.
To check what resources RMO is monitoring select the configuration tab in RMO. Click on plus sign next to the servers and you should get a list of resources that it is monitoring. If there is nothing below the server then RMO is not collecting any data. To get RMO to collect data you can add the IP address in manually by selecting the add icon.(The plus sign) eg. add the ipaddress of one of your routers.

If you have TNG installed you can get the RMO and TNG to work together. In the configuration tab highlight a server. On the menu option select TOOLS, OPERATING PARAMETERS. In the box that opens up on the left hand side fill in the details of the tng repository, password etc. Once done restart the collection server and RMO should collect the network starts for your router, switched etc. that is discovered in your map.

(All of the above is for RMO 3.11)

Regards,
Faiyaz Mayet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back