Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Restrict Extension From Agent Login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJimF

Technical User
Dec 21, 2004
US
I would like to restrict certain extensions from using certain agent IDs. I can easily use Tenant Partitioning but would rather use CORs.

The agent IDs are not using passwords (I know that would be another way but a change for the users) but have not been able to get it to work.

Any ideas? I thought in the past I was able to set an extension to a COR that can't call the agent ID.

Thanks,

Jim

I would like to restrict certain extensions from using certain agent IDs."

Do you mean that you want to restrict certain extensions from dialing/calling specific agent IDs? If so, then this can be done using COR, in the "Calling Permission" section.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

No, I want certain extensions to be restricted from logging in with certain Agent IDs.

Oh, I see. I don't know if this is possible.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

I know, that is what I'm running into. But when we first implemented EAS in our Call Center in 2003, it was restricted (then I did not need it restricted). I found my notes that said if the COR of an extension is not allowed to call the COR of the Agent ID, the Agent ID can not be logged into by the extension attempting to do so.

Back then we were on G3 v8.1. Now of course we are up to date on CM Aria v5.2. Something has changed since v8.1. I have a COR in which the COR can only call extensions/agent IDs within it's own COR and the COR assigned to trunk. All other CORs with extension and agent IDs are not allowed to call this 'special' COR. Can login to any agent ID from any extension.
I only seem to have two choices, use tenant partitioning or force all agents to use passwords on agent logon. My manager wants to force all agents to use passwords.

Thanks,

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back