Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting from repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Using a universe against Business Objects Repository is it possible to run a report to show all published reports and the users that have accessed them?
At the moment when I run a report, I am only able to retrieve the user name of the person who exported the report.

These are the fields I am currently referencing: OBJ_M_ACTOR.M_ACTOR_C_NAME,
OBJ_M_DOCUMENTS.M_DOC_C_NAME.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hi,
you could enable logging of users and reports using the repository by creating a universe on the repository. If i am not mistaken however, where the reporsitory does store details of the published documents and users, it DOES NOT, however, store login information of the users (i.e: when they logged in and how long they stayed and what they saw and stuff like that). This could be enabled with a macro written on the full client which writes to a new table in the repository to store user login information.

In the case of WebI, this would mean, writing code to pick up the user who is loggin in and processing it in the manner that you'd like.

The easiest way to do all this would, of course, be to simply buy the "Auditor" licences from Business Objects. This tool provides all the auditing functionalities you'd ever need.

Ashish

I just confirm the previous post: you need BO Auditor to have that info. In the repository what you need is not stored, but another solution is to write some sort of macro in VB.

PS: you dont need to write a universe for the repository if you have Oracle. It comes with the installation CDs.

Francesco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back