Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Replication problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercilon

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2001
US
I am having a small problem that I wanted to run by you. I'll explain our setup to you first and then the problem. We are currently using Exchange 2000 as our primary server (DCPMAIL). We also have a secondary server (DCPMAIL2) that is an Exchange 5.5 server that is in the same organization, but a different site - this server is used only as a gateway to our third-party application RemoteWare(this app won't communicate with Exchange 2000.) That's the setup, now here's my problem.

Any new mailboxes I create - or any new modifications - do not replicate to our RemoteWare application. I can see the entries on the Exchange 5.5 server but they don't pass through the gateway. I initially thought this was a Remoteware problem, but whenever I enter the Exchange 5.5 administrator on the Exchange 2000 server, the new or recently modified mailboxes or the recipients container for that matter generate the following message: "The contents of the Container cannot be seen because the recalculation of the directory hierarchy is not yet complete. Try again in a few minutes." I cannot access the properties for these new or modified mailboxes with the Exchange 5.5 administrator no matter how long I wait. The mailboxes work fine for the home office users, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back