Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Trunk Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmwfw22

MIS
Feb 19, 2004
US
I need to allow remote employees to be able to access a particular trunk. Internal employees simply dial 305 and automatically get in and obtain a second dial tone from our VoIP system. To give access to our remote employees, I have programmed a VDN that points to a vector which in turns dial the TAC (305). Unfortunately the PBX automatically adds a # sign at the end to signify the end of the dial string.

Is there another way to prevent the PBX from adding the # sign or doing this differently?

Thanks

On the second page of the trunk group definition try setting "suppress # outpulsing" to Y.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

That suppressed the # sign which is good. Now the PBX sends 0. Any reason why this would be?

Are there any other means of accessing a Trunk group from outside the PBX?

If the trunk is ISDN and it's digit handling is set to enbloc it is expecting a complete digit string like it would get when a call is routed via ars. If it set to overlap it will send one digit at a time rather than a block of digits.
Now some CO's will except either however if it is set to enbloc only the first digit is sent the in D channel call set-up message, any other digits are sent in-band, ie over a B channel as DTMF when the TAC is used rather than ars routing. I don't belive that the Definity records the in-band DTMF. This possibly why you just see one digit only (0) as it most likely your first digit dialed. If the call is not routed via the CO then they may not except overlap or in-band dialing.

We do not have ISDN, but have found a work around for this issue. I have turned on remote access and restricted access to a specific TAC with a custom COR. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back