Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Printing using Radmin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappaj333

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
Has anyone here used Radmin? It's works great, but I can't really figure out how to setup my printer (here at the house) so that when I print from the remote machine (at the office), I can direct it to the printer locally (here at the house).

Their help file and their website's FAQ say the same thing... which is to say almost nothing...

Q: Are there any remote printing features?
A: You can use printer sharing from "Microsoft networking". Add your local printer as remote printer to the remote computer and while printing select to print on your computer.

Anyone understand what this means?

I don't see how I can setup my home printer on my machine back at the office (even using "remote printer") since I don't have a VPN setup between my home and the office.

I've used other similar software before (GoToMyPC) which allowed installing a local printer from within the software itself. That's my only experience with anything such as this, and it's not helping me.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

They're presumming that you are on the same network.

I presume that you are connecting directing to the external nic? So I can't think of a way to do it although I know you can using Terminal Services.

Sorry
Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back