Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
Is there a way to remotely forward a 3903 without having to make a trip to the user's site? Also, how do you change the TN so that the phone can be forwarded to an offsite cellphone. Is that in the NCOS and TGAR?
Thanks TJ

There is a way but i have never done it, maybe someone else can answer that part.

Change this on phone
CLS CFXA

Change this in Cust Data Block
CDB change CFO to CFF

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

on the set add a scpw, and of course it has to be able to forward.. in ld 57 rcfa and fcfd codes have to be added.. dial that code (#0 here) then the scpw of the set, then the dn of the set then the forward number. a lot of numbers but better then a long walk

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If the user is on another site the remote forward can be used via a DISA number in LD 24. Set the restrictions LOW though to prevent unwanted usage...

with disa just make sure that calls allowed are local only and no one will misuse it.. passwords can be shorter that way. stealing ld is not the threat it used to be but it still happens.. 90 percent of toll fraud back in the 80's and 90's was drug deals between here and south america.. they didn't steal toll for the price, they just didn't want 1,000's of calls to be monitored or traced back to them.. now with through away cell phone designed with crooks in mind, they don't worry about cost or law enforcement.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i agree with you, bad set.. the hookswitch is not switching between the hk and the handset. i haven't seen the handset do that but it could

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Can someone post an example of changing cfo to cff?

Thanks,
Scott

Use JP's method using the FFC RCFA

You can change the prompt in the OPT fields under both

LD 21
RDR_Data
FTR_Data

I figured it out.

LD 21 lets you prt nog chg.

LD 15 lets you chg so I did.

LD 15
REQ: chg