Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Destination, CLID Question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleblizz

Technical User
Sep 20, 2005
US
Hello,

We have a CUCM using ESIP trunks. When it was installed it we were on version 8.6. We recently upgraded to version 10.5.

We have users in one group who occasionally work from home, using Remote Destination to ring their cell phones. They swear on a stack of Bibles that before the upgrade, when they received a call on their cell phone and called back, the person receiving the call would see their Cisco phone number and not their cell phone number.

This is hard for me believe, considering that both the caller and the callee are not on the Cisco system. I do know that if they call a number that is on the Cisco system, with their Remote Destination (paired) cell phone it shows the Cisco phone number.

I've been wrong before -- so I thought I'd ask. Does anyone know if there is any way a call originated from a Remote Destination (paired) cell phone can show the CLID of the Cisco phone, when the called person not on the Cisco system?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
Dale

Yes, if it is paired, it shows up as the phone extension, not the cell phone. Cisco must have changed something with 10.5 but its probably just a setting that needs to be changed.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Are they using jabber in phone mode only to pair their smart phone with their IP phone? Or simply single number reach via a destination profile?
If it is the latter and they just try to call back using their cell phone (not Jabber),it will show their cells CLID.

@whykap and gnrslash4life

No, we never used Jabber, so I'm thinking they never had the this ability and people only thought they did.

Thanks for your answers.

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back