Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Release and Try Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelguy88

Technical User
Sep 24, 2013
US
I have a Nortel CS1000 version 7.5 with SIP trunks connected to a Virtual Mitel 3300 version 12.0.3.15, the Mitel has SIP trunks to a LD provider. Occasionally when making a call from a Nortel IP phone that goes to the Mitel via the SIP trunks and out the LD providers SIP trunks the Nortel phone will time out and say "Release and Try Again". If I call the same number from my Mitel IP phone the call does go through but it does take longer than it should, I am assuming that the LD provider or someone along the line is having a routing issue that slows the connect time down. Is there a timer in the Nortel that could be increased 2-3 seconds to prevent that Release and Try Again message? If so how do you change it?

The release and try again can come from several different things, calling a vacant #, all trunks busy, etc. When this happens on the Nortel I would try and trace the call if possible. My guess is your SIP trunks between the Nortel and Mitel could all be busy occasionally.

I have been monitoring the trunks closely and can duplicate it immediately when a number is reported. We are limiting the users that can use the SIP trunks using TARG/TGAR until we are ready to roll them out into full production so I know that the trunks are not busy and when I have been able to duplicate the problem only 1/4-1/2 the trunks have traffic.

Could the outbound LD trunks in the Mitel be filling up? Do you have a second choice for LD in the Mitel that the Nortel may not have access to?

I have the same number of trunks in both PBX's, so I have 20 from the Nortel to the Mitel and 20 from the Mitel to the LD carrier. I am 100% positive it isn't an all trunks are busy situation here, it is simply a timing thing. It is as if the CS1000 is looking for answer supervision and after not receiving it in the alotted time frame it goes to Release and Try Again.

Good afternoon. I need to block the extensions who do not undertake skill transfer in the service queue lying logged. Standing by. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back