Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reinstalling Oracle9i Application Server - URGENT!! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie01

Programmer
May 26, 2002
GB
I have been trying to reinstall ORACLE 9i AS - but unlike the first time I installed it, I was not prompted to enter configuration details for the origin database (host, port etc.) and portal settings!!!! etc. It doesn't even appear to install the products either. (I have uninstalled the previous installation prior to attempting reinstallation).

- If anybody has any ideas please explain in detail what to do.

Thank you in anticipation!!!!!

Charlie

charlie@e-med-sailingcharters.com

What OS are you installing the 9iAS on and what version 1.0.2.2.X...etc... I'm guessing it's Windows...if so note the uninstall program is not meant to purge your system of oracle...as oracle in many cases is meant to be the primary application on a server, and very different than something like real player...there are a few manual steps that need to be done to start fresh...the documentation for your specific installation should cover what needs to be done...

The following steps will work for a Windows 2000 uninstall up to 9iAS 1.0.2.2.2.a:

1. Stop all "Oracle" Services + Applications
a. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services

2. Run "regedit"
a. Start>Run> type "regedit" >OK

3. Delete the entire "ORACLE" key under the following:
Note: "HKLM" is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE...

a. HKLM\Software
b. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software

4. Next go to HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and delete all services that begin with "Oracle"

5. Do the same under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application- be especially careful not to delete non-Oracle services in this location.

6. Remove all references to Oracle from the "PATH" variable
a: Start>Settings>Control Panel>Advanced>Environment Variables

7. Remove all Oracle Program groups under C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

8. Reboot

9. Delete C:\Program Files\Oracle

10. Delete the oracle_base directory or any oracle_home directories you have created.

11. Reboot and viola! no more ORACLE

Your reinstall should run through afterwards without any conflicts with a previuos install...

Note: I know this seams like a great deal, but why do you think Oracle consultants make up to 250$ an hour...

Regards,

triston1976

Hi, I tried to do exactly same you've said but
in the regedit it is not allowing me/administrator of the win2k (prof) to delete any 9ias entries?

what should I do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back