Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

registering a dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

nc1264

Programmer
Dec 11, 2000
GB
I have created a vfp7 dll application that needs to run from a webpage. When testing I copied all relevant files to a seperate machine without any development environments. I registered the dll as a component service and when using a test executable to create an instance I see that the dll is running. I tested this on several machine, including W2K-servers.

Having copied the files to a production server I ran into trouble. I can register the dll with the component services but when firing the test program nothing happens. The webpage returns an error saying it can´t create an instance.
I tried regsrv32 to register and this works for the test application. I doesn´t work from the webpage.

In the end I compiled the program into an exe-file and used dcomcfg to register the program. This works fine but I really want it to run as a dll.

What am I missing here? Why is it not working?

The W2K-server has the following roles:
- IIS
- Terminal Server
- SQL-server 2000
It seems a lot but it´s a very potent server...

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back