Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

regarding code

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvsurbabu

Programmer
Apr 26, 2003
IN
can any one help me.

i am a beginner of crystal reports.

i have an version of crystal reports 8.

i want to know these things:

1) how can i assign a value for a text field in the reports.it is not related with the database.

2) i would like to know how can i print simaltaneously print a report to a file and as well as to printer.
to a file i have to store only one copy, but whereas to the printer i have to print 3 copies. each copy should mention 1 copy - original,and other 2 copies as duplicate.

1) how can i assign a value for a text field in the reports.it is not related with the database.

If you're just using CR, then create a parameter field (insert->Field Object->Right Click Parameter Fields->New->Value Type->String). Place the field on the report wherever you'd like, and the report will prompt you for the text to use.

If instead you want to have it permanently embedded in the report, insert a Text Object (Insert->Text Object) wherever you'd like it and type in the text.

2) i would like to know how can i print simaltaneously print a report to a file and as well as to printer.
to a file i have to store only one copy, but whereas to the printer i have to print 3 copies. each copy should mention 1 copy - original,and other 2 copies as duplicate.

You will need external code to do this, either a third party utility, Crystal Enterprise (scheduled events), or write something in VB, ASP, etc.

Here's some 3rd party products:

You might also check
-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back