Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Refresh Chart in Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacroScope

Programmer
Jul 17, 2010
US
I have a simple form in Access 2007 used to track YouTube hits. It has a control for date, Hit total (as it appears on the YouTube screen), a third which automatically subtracts today's total from yesterday's to give me a number of hits per day, and a 4th to record actions taken on that date, for example, "posted info to LinkedIn".

I have an embedded line chart on the form which provides a simple view of daily hit activity, and that chart is derived from a query which in turn is based on the same table that the form is based on.

The difference is that I've added two unbound controls to the form, for StartDate and EndDate, and the query has a Between expression to limit the charted data to the specific date range of interest indicated on the form.

My problem is getting the chart to update after new data is entered. It doesn't do so automatically, and refreshing the form itself doesn't help. Is there a command that refreshes a chart?

While this is my primary question, I also have another.

Along the X axis of the chart I would like to have both the dates and the actions displayed if possible, but I've not found a way to accomplish that yet. Let's say that I'm looking at hit totals from 11/1 thru 11/15, and on 11/5 I posted info somewhere that may affect hit activity and I want to make that available on the chart as well.

I'd like to have the 15 days of data displayed as they already are, but below 11/5 I'd like the action (which is already linked to the date on the form) to be displayed as well.

As always, all help would be appreciated.

I don't know why, but I went back to the form and the chart does in fact refresh with the refresh command. I haven't any idea why it didn't before, but the problem appears to be solved.

However, the second part of my question is still outstanding. I'll repeat it here.

Along the X axis of the chart I would like to have both the dates and the actions displayed if possible, but I've not found a way to accomplish that yet. Let's say that I'm looking at hit totals from 11/1 thru 11/15, and on 11/5 I posted info somewhere that may affect hit activity and I want to make that available on the chart as well.

I'd like to have the 15 days of data displayed as they already are, but below 11/5 I'd like the action (which is already linked to the date on the form and in the table) to be displayed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back